Bates Co., Mo. (KFMO) - Federal investigators continue to search for answers following a deadly skydiving plane crash in Bates County, Mo., that claimed the lives of all 12 people on board Sunday.
The National Transportation Safety Board has launched a full investigation into the accident. NTSB Vice Chairman Michael Graham says investigators are focused on gathering as much information as possible, including witness accounts and evidence from the crash scene.
The aircraft was carrying 11 skydivers and a pilot when it crashed. Authorities say there were no survivors.
Fox News correspondent Garrett Tenney says investigators are examining several factors as they work to determine what led to the crash.
The aircraft involved was reportedly manufactured in 2010 and is a model frequently used for skydiving operations. The NTSB has previously expressed concerns about whether enough is being done industry-wide to improve safety for skydivers and the aircraft used in those operations.
Investigators will review maintenance records, pilot information, weather conditions, and wreckage evidence as part of the probe. A final determination on the cause of the crash could take months to complete.
Missouri Governor Mike Kehoe previously expressed condolences to the families of those killed and praised the response efforts of state and local agencies.
The investigation remains ongoing.
